- Windows Phone 8 has the new start screen with tiles that Microsoft introduces at Windows Phone Engine. Now you can move the tiles around as node and we can shrink the size of the node.
There are various tiles like messaging, calendar and email. You can actually edit the tile as a very large tile or the medium one. So it is quite easy to edit the tiles.
- In the settings, it is similar to the existing windows phone. In Notifications we can select any app like messaging which provides notifications in the lock screen. That is the change in Windows Phone 8.
- We can see tap+send sharing which you can turn on or off.
- In backup settings it contains an option like app list+setting which stores internet explorer favorites and list those apps in the cloud. It is very simple. Text messages also can be stored in the cloud and you can turn it on or off.
- Microsoft has also added an option photos+videos to control video.
- Data Sense feature allows you to track your data usage.
- Microsoft has also done some work on start screen to improve it. In theme settings you have color picker that allows you to pick variety of colors. You can pick one and it changes the color of whole operating system.
- In Internet Explorer you can set address bar settings as tabs or favorites then we can control the tabs button when refreshed.
- The SDK also gives us a look at camera functions that Microsoft is planning to integrate here.
- Microsoft is also adding some functionality to its photos apps. We can multiselect photos which we can move in favorite or can delete it or can also share.There is also edit feature which contains options like cropping, aspect ratio through which we can control look of the photo.
- In Microsoft bings application we can swipe to reveal through company’s information, top videos and top headlines.
- There are also some changes made in the building apps like games and Music+Videos which make Windows Phone 8 more effective to use.
This is a quick look on Windows Phone 8. Make sure you to take a look on Windows Phone 8. You are going to love it.
You can go through the following video: